THE CHARM OF NATURE IN AN ENCHANTING TROPICAL FOREST
A thrilling trek surrounded by nature in a wonderfully unspoilt natural reserve on an easy trail venturing into an amazingly surreal landscape made up of giant ferns and imposing trees where delightful rare animals live undisturbed.
What we will see
- Takitumu natural reserve
- Trek in the tropical forest (2 hours)
- Enchanting natural scenery
- Spotting local animals
What we will do
- We leave the port behind us and head to the Takitumu natural reserve, a lush oasis between the mountains and the sea where nature reigns supreme providing a haven for many animal species.
- After a short introduction by our guide, we embark on an evocative trek through the tropical forest along a trail that proceeds gently uphill.
- We explore a lovely valley covered in a thick jungle of ferns, creepers and impressive trees sheltering spectacular tropical flowers which can be spotted here and there.
- As we venture into this unspoilt scenario, we sense we are in a timeless venue, a world where humans are just occasional guests with nature dominating the surroundings with its marvels.
- This excursion offers us the opportunity to spot numerous native animals such as the huge fruit bats or the rare kakerori (Rarotonga flycatcher) that was thankfully saved from extinction precisely due to the creation of the Takitumu reserve.
What you need to know
- Temperatures and humidity levels are high in the reserve.
- We recommend wearing light clothing and bringing a waterproof jacket and suitable camera/videocamera protection in case of tropical downpours.
- Minimum age: 12 years.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.