MEET THE LOCALS: AN INTRIGUING CULINARY JOURNEY AROUND AUCKLAND
Cultural, Gourmet Tours, Tasting
There is nothing better than literally savouring the nuances of a culture to get more acquainted with it. From the exquisite sweet treats of a pastry shop to high-quality cheese, Asian street food and the famous fish market, this excursion around the flavours of Auckland features an enjoyable informative walk with expert local guides.
What we will see
- Guided walk in the centre of Auckland
- Coffee and sweet treat in a delicious pastry shop
- Cheese tasting session
- Auckland street food: Asian specialities
- Main sights of the city
- Fish market
- Final tasting session
What we will do
- Together with entertaining local guides who know everything about local food and the main sights, we go on a walk around the centre of Auckland to discover the city's architectural gems and culinary delicacies and take a peek at the everyday life of the locals.
- Our first stop is an amazing pastry shop where we can enjoy a cup of coffee and such a delicious treat that we will not be able to resist the temptation of stocking up on them!
- We then move on to a lovely dairy where we can enjoy products of the utmost quality inspired by the French, English and Spanish cheese-making traditions. A genuine feast for the taste buds!
- The time has come to delve into the Auckland street food among stalls, tiny shops, trucks and impromptu retailers. We have a unique mission: try out the Asian delicacies that can be enjoyed on the city streets in a succession of spicy aromas and sharp flavours.
- During our walk, we also get the chance to admire some of Auckland's main sights. Together with our guides, who are always on hand to provide us with information and curiosities, we observe main historic buildings, large parks, theatres and the Sky Tower, the tallest in the southern hemisphere.
- We then head back to the port to visit the lively Auckland fish market with its cheerful noisy fish auction in the morning and filled with traders selling delicacies of all kinds.
- We end the excursion with a final tasting session to bid farewell to Auckland and its intriguing food scene.
What you need to know
- We recommend wearing comfortable shoes and clothing suitable for the weather.