SUPER LONDON (Double Room)
Sightseeing, Cultural, Shopping, Meal included
A complete two-day tour to discover the best know sights and symbols of the British capital - from the Tower of London with the famous Crown Jewels to the city’s historical and political heart in Westminster passing by Buckingham Palace, Harrods and the London Eye with a spot of shopping around the boutiques and markets in Covent Garden. The best way to explore the soul of one of the most beautiful European capitals.
What we will see
- Tower of London: the Crown Jewels
- Cruise on the Thames
- The political heart of the city: Parliament Square and Downing Street
- Dinner and overnight stay in a Superior room at the Grange City Hotel: SPA, swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, Turkish bath, aromatherapy
- Harrods, The Mall, Buckingham Palace and ride on the London Eye
- Covent Garden: free time for shopping in the boutiques and markets such as the Apple Market. Street artists
What we will do
- We start our two-day tour of London with one of the most famous symbols of the capital and the UK: the Crown Jewels displayed in the Tower of London, a Norman castle on the northern bank of the River Thames commissioned by William II the Conqueror in 1078. As we admire the collection of diamonds and precious jewels, we fully immerse ourselves into the regal historic atmosphere of this place that used to be the residence of the English kings and queens as well as an armoury, fortress and, most of all, a fearsome prison scene of bloody executions.
- As well as admiring the jewels and visiting the various rooms of the castle including the Torture Chamber, which displays medieval instruments of torture, our attention is captured by the Beefeaters, the ceremonial guardians of the Tower of London historically in charge with safeguarding the Crown Jewels and monitoring prisoners, and by the crows, i.e. the other “guardians” of the fortress traditionally considered a protection of the British Crown and Empire (according to legend, in fact, the Crown and Great Britain will fall should the crows die or fly away).
- After visiting the Tower of London, we reach the banks of the river and get on a boat for a short cruise on the Thames during which we can admire and take photographs of other important buildings and sights before disembarking at Westminster, the ideal place to explore the heart of the city’s political power including Parliament Square and Downing Street where the Prime Minister resides at number 10. After dinner in a local restaurant, we spend the night in a superior room at the 5-star Grange City Hotel. We have some time available to spend in the SPA, relax in the 25 m pool or enjoy the Jacuzzi, sauna, Turkish bath and aromatherapy room.
- We start our second day in London with a sightseeing tour of its most important attractions such as Harrods, the 7-storey luxury shopping mall that fully expresses British style and quality, and The Mall as far as Buckingham Palace, official residence of the Queen and of the British Monarchy, before reaching the London Eye, the observation wheel offering marvellous 360° views of London from which we can spot the most famous buildings and monuments.
- We continue towards Covent Garden, a lively area famous for its numerous theatres including the Royal Opera House as well as for its fashion boutiques and markets such as the Apple Market. We have some free time available to enjoy a spot of shopping and admire the street artists animating the area’s streets and squares.
- After this second day spent discovering London, we return to Harwich where our ship awaits us.