NOT JUST THE SEA: THE CHARM OF SAINT TROPEZ
Sightseeing, Cultural, Shopping, Lunch not included
Joyful Saint Tropez, the pearl of the French Riviera and a popular destination with the international jet set: but there is more to this charming Provençal town! Picture-perfect views, a maze of picturesque alleyways, the old harbour with its pastel houses and the colourful fishing boats: a world ready to be discovered with an expert eye rather than with a mere tourist eye.
What we will see
- Panoramic tour across Provence
- The charming town of Saint Tropez
- Guided tour of the town centre
- Picturesque old harbour
- Historical Town Hall Square
- La Ponche district with its maze of alleyways
What we will do
- We leave the port of Toulon behind us on a coach headed east through lovely Provençal scenery of rural landscapes and sea views that seem to have come out of a watercolour painting.
- We then reach charming Saint Tropez, one of the most popular and famous resorts on the French Riviera, a small peaceful fishing village in winter and a meeting place for the international jet set in summer.
- Together with our guide, we set out on an unforgettable journey to discover the architectural and traditional beauties of Saint Tropez, which is not only a famous resort but also an authentic Provençal town with a rich cultural heritage.
- We stroll along the old harbour, frequently painted by famous artists, where we can admire the picturesque homes overlooking the sea and with basements that were once used to keep boats.
- We visit the Town Hall square, connected to the city's glorious past when it used to be an independent republic, defended so well by its brave citizens that it was never conquered.
- We then venture into the labyrinth of picturesque alleyways of the La Ponche district, where fishermen and craftsmen used to live, far away from the frenetic harbour and near the beating heart of the ancient hamlet.
- We return to Toulon bringing with us unforgettable memories of a delightful day.