HIDDEN GEMS OF THE FRENCH RIVIERA: THE TOWN OF BANDOL
A charming fishing town with its crowded harbour filled with palm trees, amazing beaches that do the Mediterranean sea justice and a profusion of shops, workshops, wine bars and restaurants to spend a lovely day dedicated to relaxation and slow tourism for those wanting to truly savour the beauty of this corner of paradise.
What we will see
- Panoramic tour across Provence
- The lovely fishing town of Bandol
- Free visit of Bandol
- Numerous sand and pebble beaches
- Picturesque harbour filled with boats
- Cafés and restaurants for a reinvigorating break
- Shops and workshops for shopping lovers
- Wine bars and tasting sessions: Bandol rosé is truly unmissable
What we will do
- We board our coach and head west through the lovely Provençal countryside through rural landscapes and characteristic villages dotted along the road.
- Our destination is the lovely town of Bandol which nestles along the legendary French Riviera, a renowned destination featuring numerous sights.
- We have a lot of free time available to explore the town as we please following a precise itinerary or just wandering around.
- Bandolhas numerous lovely beaches - wide or secluded, lively or more intimate and relaxing. Some feature fine golden sand lapped by the white spray of the waves, others are wilder with pebbles and crystal-clear waters with a colourful seabed.
- We cannot miss the chance to stroll along the picturesque harbour flanked by palm trees and filled with all kinds of boats and venture into the nearby alleyways to wander around the shops and workshops looking for the perfect souvenir.
- Like all Mediterranean towns, Bandol boasts many cafés and restaurants perfect for a break to savour the Provençal culinary tradition. The area is also famous for its wine production. Bandol is particularly famous for its rosé wine, which is perfect as an aperitif: at this point, a tasting session is a must!
What you need to know
- The excursion does not include a guide, but a local rep will accompany us on the excursion and provide information in English.