PROVENÇAL ATMOSPHERE: AN ANCIENT TOWN AND THE LAND OF WINE
Sightseeing, Cultural, Shopping, Drink included
The fascinating Medieval atmosphere of Le Castellet, where we go back in time to a 11th-century fortified town, surrounded by the gentle hills covered in vineyards where the warm Mediterranean climate produces excellent wines ready to be discovered during a tasting session.
What we will see
- Panoramic tour in the heart of Provence
- Medieval town of Le Castellet
- Imposing 11th-century Medieval castle
- Tour of the town centre between art galleries, boutiques and shops
- The land of Bandol wine
- Guided tour of a winery
- Tasting session
What we will do
- We depart from Toulon by coach for a picturesque trip inland right to the heart of Provence with its wooded hills and fertile vineyards.
- We make our way to the small Provençal location of Le Castellet, an ancient village perched on the edge of a rocky spur, which has carefully preserved traces of its Medieval past including sections of the ancient walls, cobbled streets and stone houses decorated with bougainvillea, geraniums and lavender.
- During our visit, we can admire the exterior of the Medieval castle dating back to the 11th century which boasts a spectacular view of the Bandol vineyards and the sea, with its limestone cliffs.
- Le Castellet also features numerous modern attractions such as art galleries, boutiques and souvenir shops filling every square of this lovely town.
- After visiting Le Castellet, we head south to the land of Bandol wine, a Provençal region famous internationally for its vineyards.
- We stop at a local wineryfor a guided tour during which we discover the secrets of wine conservation and wine-making.
- Of course we also enjoy a tasting session to appreciate the wine’s best qualities: it is the perfect occasion for beginners and wine lovers to learn how to assess colour, flavour and aroma while sipping a glass of red, rosé or white wine.
What you need to know
- Guests with mobility problems may not take part in this excursion.
- Minimum age for the tasting session: 18 years.