TOKYO EXPRESS: WHAT IS BEST INTHE CAPITAL - EU only (ends at Haneda airport)
A comfortable coach tour through the fascinating capital of Japan to admire its most beautiful corners and most significant monuments, from the shopping district brimming with boutiques and restaurants and the superb Imperial Palace with its elegant stone bridge to the futuristic Tokyo Tower overlooking the entire city.
What we will see
- Pleasant sightseeing tour of Tokyo
- Ginza district, the heart of elegant shopping
- Tokyo Imperial Palace
- Historic Nijubashi bridge
- Tokyo Tower
- Sensational observation platform
- Transfer to Haneda airport
What we will do
- We leave the port by coach and embark on a pleasant sightseeing tour of Tokyo, the easternmost capital in the world and one of Asia’s most fascinating metropolises where tradition combines with modernity and futuristic innovation.
- We drive past the palaces of the elegant Ginza district, one of the most important shopping venues in the city brimming with luxury boutiques, cocktail bars and sushi bars.
- We also drive past Tokyo’s Imperial Palace, the main residence of the Emperor of Japan and still surrounded by the original moat with imposing gates and ancient watchtowers at regular intervals along the walls.
- We also admire the Nijubashi bridge, an elegant double-arched bridge leading to the main entrance of the Imperial Palace.
- Our next stop is the Tokyo Tower, a communications and observation tower in Minato’s Shiba-kōen district in Tokyo. At a height of 333 metres, it is the second highest artificial structure in Japan.
- The Tokyo Tower is a lattice Eiffel Tower-inspired structure that is painted a white and international orange to comply with air safety regulations.
- We enter and reach the two-storey Main Observatory at 150 metres up offering 360° views over Tokyo. On clear days, Mount Fuji can be spotted by looking south-west.
- With these breathtaking views, we bid farewell to the city of Tokyo and Japan and head towards the airport. Sayonara!
What you need to know
- This excursion is only available to guests whose flights depart after 1.15 pm from Haneda airport.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with limited mobility. The coach can carry foldable wheelchairs but not mobility scooters.