A marvellous tour to discover the enchanting city of Hakodate with three stops to witness its beauty and peculiarities: a spectacular ropeway which takes us to the top of a mountain to enjoy breathtaking scenery, an incredible star-shaped fort converted into a park wonderful all-season-round and a peaceful Catholic monastery where peace and serenity reign supreme.
What we will see
- Ride on the scenic Hakodate-yama ropeway
- Spectacular views from the top of Mount Hakodate
- Hakodate Asaichi morning fish market
- Lunch with fish specialities (1500 yen voucher)
- Goryokaku fort, impressive star-shaped building
- Stroll in the amazing park of the fort
- Goryokaku tower: breathtaking scenery 100 metres from the ground
- Trappist convent
What we will do
- We start out tour with the Hakodate-yama ropeway which takes us to the top of Mount Hakodate in only 3 minutes, from where we can see the city and the sea laid out below us: a truly breathtaking scenery that deserves a photo-shoot.
- We continue exploring the city at the Goryokaku fort, a star-shaped defensive building built almost 150 years ago to protect the city. It has since been turned into a magnificent park famous for its 1,600 cherry trees.
- We walk among the lush vegetation generating magnificent landscapes in all seasons: a profusion of light pink in spring with cherry trees blossoming, emerald green in summer, deep red in autumn and the white of the snow in winter.
- We explore the 107 metre tall Goryokaky tower offering magnificent views over the entire fortress and surrounding mountains.
- Our last stop is the Trappist convent in Hakodate, founded in 1898 by eight nuns from France. We admire its buildings, also made of red brick surrounded by a peaceful well-tended garden where guests can breath in spiritual peace while we learn more about the nuns who live here.