THE WONDERS OF NATURE IN THE TAKACHIHO GORGE
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
Mother Nature opens up her treasure chests to the enchanted eyes of travellers as they walk along a spectacular gorge immersed in lush vegetation as far as a scenic waterfall surrounded by a mystic spray of water vapour and to a unique cross-shaped cliff where the sea plays hide-and-seek.
What we will see
- Enchanting Takachiho gorge
- Spectacular walk along the gorge
- Magnificent Manai-no-taki waterfall
- Kurusu-no-Umi cliff: unique scenery
What we will do
- We leave the port behind us headed inland to the first stop on our excursion: Takachiho gorge, a wonder of nature that awaits to charm us.
- Once there, we walk along the spectacular 600 metre path along the narrow deep gorge along which flows a placid river: in spring and summer we are surrounded by cherry trees and azaleas while, in autumn, we are overawed by the red and yellow hues of the leaves.
- Along the way, we can admire the Manai-no-taki waterfall, 17 metres high and famous for the misty vapour cloud that forms exactly where it drops.
- We then return to the coast and to the scenic Kurusu-no-Umi cliff, a rocky coastal stretch characterised by a peculiar cross shape due to the effect of erosion: from the belvedere, we can see the four stretches of blue sea merging through the cliff - a truly unique spectacle that we will cherish in our hearts as we make our way back to the ship.
What you need to know
- This excursion will be conducted mainly by coach.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- There is limited availability of guides that speak English and other European languages.?