IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF THE CRUSADERS AND THE KINGHTS TEMPLAR
We venture into the mysteries of Genoa to discover lost testimonies, ancient legends and compelling secrets. A thrilling walking tour on the footsteps of the Crusaders, the Knights Templar and their precious historic heritage.
What we will see
- Boat transfer to the Old Port
- Genoa city centre
- Cloister of San Lorenzo and visit to the Diocesan Museum
- Tasting session of typical local products
What we will do
- We board a boat heading to the Old Port of Genoa where our guide awaits us to start our excursion.
- We venture into the “caruggi” making a series of stops as the guide takes us on a journey through the history and culture of the Crusaders and the Knights Templar who, ever since Middle Ages, were committed to a single cause: protect the pilgrims on their way to Jerusalem. They came up with a spiritual model that could help them look for Knowledge and, by combining military and religious life, they spread their influence all over Europe causing a true revolution in customs.
- After visiting the Diocesan Museum in the Cloister of San Lorenzo, we take a break to savour some “fritto misto” (mixed fried fish) with a nice glass of wine.
- Now that the Knights hold no further secrets, we can say our adventure in one of the largest city centres in Europe has come to an end. We then return to the Old Port to board the boat that takes us back to the ship.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early as only a limited number of places are available.?