THE CHARM OF THE ANCIENT MARITIME REPUBLIC OF AMALFI
Sightseeing, Cultural, Lunch not included
An enchanting town made up of charming houses perched on a hill with the sea below them where time seems to have stood still and where a centuries-old history is still tangible: a stroll around Amalfi seduces the eyes and the heart as we immerse ourselves in an extraordinary Mediterranean setting.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of the Amalfi coast
- Visit of the Cathedral and Cloister of Paradise
- Free walk around the centre
- Picturesque corners, shops, typical houses
What we will do
- We leave the port of Naples behind us and set off by coach towards Amalfi, one of the four ancient maritime republics and now a famous tourist destination with typical white houses perched on the hill slopes.
- The spectacle that appears before our eyes along the way truly takes our breath away: Vietri, Maiori and Minori are the gems of the Amalfi Coast, which was rightfully declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Once there, we visit the amazing Amalfi Cathedral, which enchants us with its colourful façade in the Arab-Norman Romanesque style that combines Byzantine, Gothic and Baroque elements.
- We enter the delightful Cloister of Paradise, a four-sided portico with a cross-vaulted ceiling and pointed arches enclosing a lovely garden adorned with palm trees.
- After our visit, we can explore at leisure this gem founded by the Romans that experienced its heyday during Medieval times, when it asserted its maritime power.
- We walk along the narrow streets of the town centre among the shops, typical houses and enchanting views with a fixed gaze as the sound and smell of the sea fill our senses.
- When we start feeling peckish, we can enjoy a delicious random lunch choosing from a wide variety of restaurants where we can savour local delicacies. After drinking a toast with a glass of limoncello, the time has come to return to our ship.