URBAN NORDIC WALKING IN BARCELONA: AMONG LUSH GARDENS AND BEAUTIFUL PANORAMAS
A thrilling experience around some Barcelona’s most evocative locations according to the Nordic Walking philosophy which combines wellness, urban tourism and harmony with nature.
We grab our Nordic Walking sticks and get ready to enjoy this unforgettable adventure!
What we will see
- Barcelona’s city centre
- Montjuïc trails and gardens
- Mirador del Alcalde
What we will do
- We leave the port behind us aboard our transfer to explore Barcelona doing a light sporting activity: the so-called Nordic walking, which uses special walking sticks to which force must be applied with every step.
- Once at the Grec Gardens, our starting point, we set off on our excursion by climbing Montjuïc hill, location of the historic Montjuïc Castle, the Joan Miro foundation and the sports facilities built for the 1992 Olympic Games. At 177 metres above sea level, it offers an amazing view over Barcelona - in order to admire it, all we have to do is to start climbing!
- Starting in Plaza de España, we walk along some of the most beautiful trails through the Grec and Laribal Gardens made up of various different sections such as the Font del Gat garden, Roserar de la Colla l'Arròs, Generalife staircases and the Sant Julià garden.
- We finally reach Mirador del Alcalde, one of the best panoramic points from where we can see the entire city. Here, we get the chance to rest and enjoy a little free time and some pleasant refreshments: the ideal reward for our endeavour!
- After this reinvigorating break, we board the transfer and return to the ship.
What you need to know
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with limited mobility.
- All participants will be handed a Nordic Walking stick, a snack and an energy drink.