FULL-ON WALES: AN INCREDIBLE BOAT EXCURSION AND A MAGNIFICENT CASTLE
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Cultural, Meal included
The varied Welsh landscape with its timeless charm is the backdrop to this marvellous excursion ranging from an evocative excursion on a horse-drawn boat along a historic canal to the visit of an imposing castle surrounded by a marvellous park.
What we will see
- Enchanting landscapes of rural Wales
- Shropshire Union Canal
- Excursion on a horse-drawn boat
- Llangollen (free time)
- Restaurant lunch
- Visit of the majestic Chirk castle
What we will do
- We leave the port of Liverpool behind us on a coach and head south crossing the Wirral peninsula as far as Wales, one of the most interesting regions in the United Kingdom from a naturalistic point of view where time seems to have stood still.
- We drive across the rural landscape and gentle slopes headed towards the lovely hill town of Ruthin and, from here, to Llangollen, a charming town whose origins are the stuff of legends.
- A thrilling experience awaits us here: an excursion on a horse-drawn boat along the Shropshire Union Canal crossing rural landscapes of enchanting beauty. The slow navigation enables us to fully enjoy the incredible Welsh landscape and let ourselves be lulled by the picturesque views and vivid colours.
- After the excursion, we have some free time in Llangollen to explore this lovely town surrounded by hills with a pretty Victorian riverside scenario.
- We then reach a nearby hotel to savour a delicious lunch and enjoy a relaxing break.
- The afternoon is dedicated to a visit of Chirk castle, an imposing manor house built around 1295 at the behest of King Edward I. It was modified several times down the years and now features an interesting combination of different architectural styles - from the Medieval tower home to majestic prisons to the vast and elegant halls with exquisite period furniture.
- The castle is surrounded by lovely well-tended gardens. We stroll along avenues lined with skilfully sculpted borders as we are uplifted by the many flowering shrubs and take the opportunity to admire the imposing fortress bastions up close.
- After our visit, we head back to the port once again across the amazing Welsh landscape.