URBAN NORDIC WALKING IN NAPLES AMONG ENCHANTING ALLEYWAYS AND A MARVELLOUS PARK
Cultural, Drink included
A thrilling experience around some Naples’ most evocative locations - from picturesque neighbourhoods to the lush Real Bosco di Capodimonte - according to the “Nordic Walking” philosophy which combines wellness, urban tourism and harmony with nature.
We grab our Nordic Walking sticks and get ready to enjoy this unforgettable adventure!
What we will see
- Naples city centre
- Porta San Gennaro and Borgo dei Vergini
- Rione Sanità
- Real Bosco di Capodimonte
What we will do
- We leave the port behind us on foot to explore Naples doing a light sporting activity: the so-called Nordic walking, which uses special walking sticks to which force must be applied with every step.
- We reach Porta San Gennaro, the oldest gate to the glorious Vesuvian city, and venture into Borgo dei Vergini, the neighbourhood famous for its many monuments which are a symbol of the famous Neapolitan Baroque.
- We cross the famous Rione Sanità, set up in the 16th century in an area used as a burial place by the Greek and the Romans so much so that it still features Hellenistic underground tombs and Christian catacombs.
- We start tackling a slope to reach Real Bosco di Capodimonte, a marvellous green wooded area near the palace of the same name and covering around 134 hectares boasting over 400 different species of plants.
- We breathe in the clean air among the amazing tree-lined avenues surrounded by the thick vegetation once used for the king’s hunting parties. We use the free time we have available to relax or to continue our walk and admire the exterior of the buildings surrounded by greenery.
- After this lovely break, we continue our walk around Naples and return to the port and the ship.
What you need to know
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with limited mobility.
- All participants will be handed a Nordic Walking stick, a snack and an energy drink.?