BEAUTIFUL COPENHAGEN AND THE PICTURESQUE TOWN OF DRAGØR (ends at the airport)
A pleasant panoramic tour of the amazing city of Copenhagen with its imposing palaces and fascinating views of the sea followed by a stroll around the fishing town of Dragør with its paved roads and yellow houses adorned with flowers where time seems to have stood still.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of Copenhagen
- The Little Mermaid Statue (stop for photos)
- City Hall
- Rosenborg castle and Christiansborg palace
- Gefion fountain
- Amalienborg Royal Palace (stop for photos)
- Nyhavn district
- Fishing town of Dragør
What we will do
- We leave the port by coach and venture on a delightful sightseeing tour of Copenhagen, the amazing capital of Denmark and a harmonious and tidy city where views of the sea alternate with magnificent urban settings.
- We start with a stop for photos at the Little Mermaid Statue. Since 1913, she has sat on the harbour rocks welcoming travellers from all over the world and inspiring them with her tale of love and sacrifice.
- On the way there, we admire the impressive City Hall with its clock tower and curious combination of architectural elements ranging from the Danish Middle Ages to Romanticism, Rosenborg Castle surrounded by fairy-tale gardens and an evocative moat to the Baroque Revival Christiansborg palace, now seat of the Danish parliament.
- We drive past Gefion fountain, the largest monument in the Danish capital, and let ourselves be enchanted the Amalienborg palace, the residence of the queen where we stop for a few photos.
- We continue our tour as far as the picturesque district of Nyhavn with its colourful wood, brick and mortar houses, famous wooden boats and the romantic sailing ships moored at the quays.
- We then move on to the island of Amager, the last stop on our excursion, to visit the charming picturesque fishing town of Dragør, one of the best preserved in Denmark.
- Once there, we can chose how to spend our time: we can go either on a 25-minute guided walking tour to explore its peaceful cobbled alleyways where time seems to have stood still, or take a leisurely stroll on our own along the lovely harbour among the small yellow houses adorned with scented flowers.
What you need to know
- The guide will provide information on Dragør on the coach before reaching our destination.
- The walk around Dragør is on cobbled roads.
- The tour ends at the airport.