A STROLL AROUND THE LIVELY DISTRICT OF NØRREBRO
Multi-ethnic and renovated, trendy and vibrant, full of unexpected surprises that cross the centuries reaching a visionary modernity - Nørrebro district is the ideal setting for a long pleasant walk around a futuristic urban park and along the shopping streets as far as an old garden cemetery characterised by a relaxing atmosphere then ending with a tour and a tasting session in a small local brewery.
What we will see
- Trendy and lively Nørrebro district
- Superkilen urban park (stop for photos)
- Jægersborg shopping street (free time)
- Old Assistens cemetery
- Small local brewery
- Beer tasting session
What we will do
- We set off on our excursion and reach the Nørrebro district, a historically multi-ethnic area that is now a trendy lively neighbourhood filled with peculiar shops, bars, fashionable cafés and open-air markets.
- We stop for photos at the sensational Superkilen urban park, a visionary suburban re-qualification project conceived to celebrate diversity. The park is a large open-air installation featuring objects symbolising the over 60 communities living in the district.
- We continue our walk around Nørrebro along Jægersborg Allé, a busy fashionable street where we have some free time available to wander around the shops selling typical local products or relax in a café to savour a few Danish delicacies.
- We join the rest of the group and continue our walk around the Assistens cemetery, established in 1760 and now a very popular recreational venue where people can walk and relax among the ancient trees and green lawns alternating with ancient gravestones, including that of famous author Hans Christian Andersen.
- Our exploration of Nørrebro continues in a small local brewery where we have to opportunity to discover how beer is produced and how different flavours are developed.
- We also get to enjoy a delicious tasting session with four different types of craft beer produced in the brewery, from the most classic to the most experimental.
- At the end of the visit, we board our coach to return to the ship.
What you need to know
- The tour of the brewery and the tasting session will be conducted in English.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with limited mobility.