ADVENTUROUS TREK IN THE KÕNNU SWAMP
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Packed lunch
An unforgettable excursion in close contact with nature among lakes and swamps aboard evocative military trucks dating back to Soviet times and on foot with special shoes as far as a clearing for a picnic like true adventurers.
What we will see
- Kõrvemaa nature reserve
- Adventure on old military trucks
- Kõnnu swamps
- Walk with special shoes as far as the watchtower
- Walkway itinerary to the Järvi lakes
- Picnic by the fire
- Sightseeing coach tour of Tallinn
What we will do
- We leave the port behind us on a coach headed to the Kõrvemaa nature reserve, a vast area covered in forest and swamps that was mainly destined to military training in Soviet times and was therefore inaccessible to the public.
- We stop at the base camp and, from there, continue on old military trucks along winding trails through the forest while our adrenaline increases and as we take in the landscape appearing before our eyes.
- We then reach the Kõnnu swamps, where we put on our special wide shoes that enable us to walk on the soft boggy terrain for about two kilometres as far as the watchtower where we can admire the enchanting scenery characterised by a succession of marshes and low pine vegetation.
- We continue our walking tour along the wooden walkway across the swamp as far as the Järvi lakes where we can enjoy a well-deserved break with a delicious picnic by the fire with a warm soup, tea/coffee and barbecued sausages.
- After this relaxing break, we get back on the trucks to reach the coach taking us on a sightseeing tour of the Tallinn city centre, characterised by an irresistible Medieval charm, before getting back to the ship.