DISCOVER PORTO VECCHIO AND PALOMBAGGIA BEACH
Sightseeing, Swimming, Cultural, Lunch not included
A fantastic occasion to admire the beauty of Corsica ranging from amazing beaches to breath-taking views. The stops for photos at Roccapina bay and at Palombaggia, a splendid fine sandy beach, are truly unmissable. Along the shore, we can choose whether to spend the rest of the time available just relaxing or head to Porto Vecchio for a walk along the walls of the old citadel.
What we will see
- Coach tour among wonderful landscapes
- Stop for photos at Roccapina bay
- Stop for photos and possibility to stay at Palombaggia beach
- Wide stretch of fine white sand
- Walking tour of Porto Vecchio
- Gems of the citadel: cobbled alleyways, Place de la République and church of Saint-Jean-Baptiste
- Torre Genovese and view over the city
- Free time for shopping and for lunch
What we will do
- We leave the jetty headed to Porto Vecchio for an interesting coach tour that takes us through fabulous landscapes in just a little over two hours.
- After a stop for photos at the Roccapina bay, one of Corsica’s most beautiful beaches, we continue towards Palombaggia, where we can choose whether to stay and relax or continue to the fishing town of Porto Vecchio.
- Located on the south-eastern coast of the island near Porto Vecchio, Palomaggia is Corsica's most famous beach. A wide stretch of fine white sand extending for over one and a half km dotted with a succession of rocks is the ideal place to relax.
- If you like, you can also decide to continue the tour as far as Porto Vecchio. Overlooking the waters of a natural harbour, this ancient town was founded in 1539 by the Genoese who, attracted by its position, made it one of the island’s defence points. The city is now an important economic and tourist hub where the past and the future meet in the contrast between a modern marina boasting numerous yachts, leisure boats and fishing boats, and the historic buildings overlooking the port interspersed with elegant bars, restaurants and boutiques.
- Our walking tour takes place right along the citadel walls, a maze of cobbled alleyways around Place de la République*, the main square which, thanks to it many restaurants, is the ideal place to relax and observe the hustle and bustle of the city. The citadel is dominated by the lovely* church of St. John the Baptist**, erected in the 19th century on top of the remains of an ancient Genoese church.
- We then pass by the Torre Genovese from where, on a clear day, this viewpoint offers a splendid scenic view of the port, sea and surrounding mountains.
- At the end of our visit, we have some free time to continue exploring Porto Vecchio, perhaps enjoy a spot of shopping in its elegant boutiques and savour a delicious lunch.
- Afterwards, we get back on our coach and return to Propriano.
What you need to know
- As this is not a is not a seaside tour, stopping at the beach is optional as an alternative to the tour of Porto Vecchio.
- Guests wishing to stay in Palombaggia have 3 hours free time available.