ALCÚDIA AND PLAYA DE MURO
Nature excursion, Swimming, Shopping, Entertainment, Lunch not included
The lovely town of Alcúdia is located in the north of Mallorca, away from the island’s most popular locations. Its high medieval walls surround a marvellous maze of alleyways and Renaissance palaces, whose peacefulness is only interrupted by the smells and aromas of the lively market. Playa de Muro is the favourite coastal destination for those looking for a holiday dedicated to comfort surrounded by the typical colours of the Balearics.
What we will see
- Tour of Alcúdia and its characteristic market for a spot of shopping
- Coach transfer to Playa de Muro and relaxation on the beach
What we will do
- Our coach takes us to Alcúdia, a small Medieval gem a few km from the coast. The tall medieval towers seem to protect this peaceful enchanting town from Mallorca’s chaotic movida, providing us with the privilege of discovering the alleyways, historic residences or casals, stone houses and lovely open-air cafés where we can enjoy the local specialities in a relaxed atmosphere.
- We discover the Market of Alcúdia, one of the most characteristic on the island also for its enviable position - stalls selling fruit, vegetables, local crafts and costume jewellery are set up one after the other in the shade of the high walls.
- We leave the market behind us and head out by coach to Playa de Muro, a long white sandy beach covering six kilometres along the northern coast of Mallorca. Awarded the famous Blue Flag, this beach is one of the longest in the Balearics and is particularly popular with families thanks to its white sand and seabed sloping gently to the calm turquoise waters. Because of its length, Playa de Muro is divided into four sectors, each one a real paradise for bathers who can take advantage of all kinds of facilities - hotels, restaurants, lounger and parasol hire, toilets, showers and much more. The safety and tranquillity of this well-equipped beach, which is also accessible to disabled people, is guaranteed by life guards.
What you need to know
- This excursion does not include a dedicated tour guide, but a local guide will be present. ?