URBAN NORDIC WALKING IN PALMA DE MALLORCA: AMONG PANORAMIC VIEWS AND A FASCINATING HISTORIC CENTRE
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Entertainment
A thrilling experience around some Palma’s most evocative locations according to the Nordic Walking philosophy which combines wellness, urban tourism and harmony with nature.
We grab our Nordic Walking sticks and get ready to enjoy this unforgettable adventure!
What we will see
- Palma’s city centre
- Bellver castle
- Historic centre
What we will do
- We leave the port behind us aboard our transfer to explore Palma doing a light sporting activity: the so-called*Nordic walking*, which uses special walking sticks to which force must be applied with every step.
- Once at the starting point, we set off on the 3 kilometres that take us 112 metres above sea level to Bellver castle, built by King James II of Mallorca at the beginning of the 14th century as a defensive structure and royal residence. It is one of the greatest examples of Gothic civil architecture in Mallorca and the only circular castle in Spain. We walk all around it and finally reach the Castle which, thanks to its elevated position, offers spectacular views of the port, Palma bay and Sierra de Tramuntana.
- During our trek, our guide provides plenty of interesting information on the castle as well as on Palma’s unique flora.
- We then descend to sea level and walk through the greenest quarters in the city as far as the heart of the historical city centre.
- Here, we get the chance to rest and enjoy a little free time and some pleasant refreshments: the ideal reward for our endeavour!
- After this reinvigorating break, we board the transfer and return to the ship.
What you need to know
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with limited mobility.
- All participants will be handed a Nordic Walking stick, a snack and an energy drink.
- Minimum age: 12 years.
- Minimum height: 150 cm.
- Sports shoes are recommended, preferably with cleats.?