IN THE COMPANY OF ANIMALS AT LLOC DE MINORCA
Nature excursion, Swimming, Entertainment
The Lloc de Menorca zoo is ideal for an excursion dedicated to animals and fun. Halfway between a wildlife park and an educational farm, this sanctuary is an ode to biodiversity showcasing the local flora and fauna as well as a wide variety of species from all over the world. A stop at the famous Son Bou blue-flag beach is the perfect end to this fantastic excursion.
What we will see
- Lloc de Menorca zoo
- Many land and sea animals
- Reptile House and Bird House
- Son Bou, Blue Flag beach
- Free time with the family
What we will do
- A short coach transfer from the port of Mahón takes us to the Lloc de Menorca zoo in Alaior.
- The zoo is a maze of lakes and ponds populated by marine animals and where we can encounter a wide variety of animals including funny monkeys, dwarf goats, giant tortoises, porcupines and peacocks.
- The facility also boasts a reptile house home to numerous snake varieties and a bird house where we can even spot the cheeky parrots hiding among the branches. The zoo also features a play area and a snack bar.
- Lloc de Menorca is not a simple zoo, it is a zoological park welcoming ill-treated and abandoned wild animals needing care and attention until they can go back to their natural habitat.
- To end this lovely family day, we get back on our coach and head to Son Bou, the largest beach in Menorca 2 and a half km long and 50 metres wide.
- Before getting back to the ship, we have some free time available to admire the beach’s amazing natural setting, which was awarded a European Blue Flag for the quality of its water, facilities, attention to and protection of the environment.