LISBON ON AN AMPHIBIAN - EXPLORING THE AVENIDAS AND THE TAGO RIVER
An original tour to discover Lisbon on an amphibian and admire its timeless charm wandering through the streets and avenidas followed by a plunge into the waters of the Tago river to spot other marvels from a new perspective.
What we will see
- Itinerary touching Praça do Comércio, Avenida da Liberdade and Praça Marquês de Pombal
- Stop new the marvellous Jerónimos Monastery
- A tasting of the famous pastéis de nata
- Tour along the river Tago to admire the Monument to the Discoveries and Belém Tower
What we will do
- We board an amphibian for an unusual fun tour of Lisbon starting from the mainland and ending on the waters of lake Tago. We let ourselves be enchanted by the unique atmosphere of Praça do Comércio, surrounded on three sides by elegant palaces and overlooking the river Tago, then we head towards Avenida da Liberdade, the city’s main street also providing plenty of shade for those who decide to go for a stroll along it. We continue to Praça Marquês de Pombal which boasts the monument to Marquis of Pombal, the governor of Lisbon between 1750 and 1777, at its centre.
- We then reach Jerónimos Monastery, a UNESCO Heritage Site, and stop to admire its exterior, a skilful combination of Late Gothic and Renaissance architectural elements, and taste pastéis de nata, Lisbon's typical custard tarts.
- After these short stops, we make our way to the Belém district where our driver takes our amphibian into the waters of the Tago river.
- We sail along the waters and admire the Monument to the Discoveries, a homage to 15th and 16th-century Portuguese sailors, and Belém Tower, a bastion surrounded by water just off the coast that was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its architectural features. Our gaze is once again captured by the Jerónimos Monastery, which we can admire from a different perspective.
What you need to know
- There is no room on the amphibian for wheelchairs or walking frames.
- A guide will accompany us on the excursion and provide information in English.?