RELAXING ON LACONA BEACH
Swimming, Drink included
Located on one of the most beautiful gulfs in the Tuscan Archipelago, nestled between a picturesque pine forest and the green waters of the sea, lies Lacona beach. The comfort of a beach brimming with services combines with the beauty of the nature here, making this section of the coast unique thanks to its colours and aromas, and perfect for all ages.
What we will see
- Lacona beach and its natural beauty
- Views of the island of Montecristo
- Sand dune and sea lily area: making Lacona unique
- Posidonia, the treasured marine plant
- A vast pine forest
- Water sports and shallow waters, ideal for young people and families
- Relaxing at a beach club with reserved sun loungers and parasols
What we will do
- We will take a coach to Lacona beach, the second biggest on the island, which forms a golden arch on the island’s main gulf, spanning almost 3 km, not far from Capoliveri. From here we can glimpse the island of Montecristo on the horizon, a state nature reserve and integral part of the Tuscan Archipelago National Park. Facing south, the fine golden sand and surrounding nature make Lacona the perfect location for a relaxing day by the sea.
- The area behind the beach is the only one in the Tuscan Archipelago to have preserved a sand dune area where the sea lily (or Pancratium maritimum) grows, a wonderful white flower with a strong scent, which flowers between mid-July and the end of August. The marine life also includes posidonia, which covers a large part of the rocky seabed, to the delight of diving lovers.
- The natural environment integrates perfectly with the numerous spacious free sections of beach, which are particularly popular with young people who can try out some watersports such as windsurfing and sailing. Lacona beach is also frequented by families with small children who can play safely on the golden sand and take advantage of the shallow waters, even around 10 metres away from the shore.
- We will head to our beach resort where sun loungers and parasols will have been reserved for us so that we can spend a peaceful and relaxing day in this corner of paradise.