AN AFTERNOON ON THE STUNNING PROCCHIO BEACH
One of the most famous and beautiful beaches on the island of Elba, Procchio is a feast of colours: from the dark green of the surrounding mountain peaks to the bright emerald green of the crystal-clear waters, there are endless views to enjoy. A perfect afternoon for those who simply cannot resist the allure of the sea!
What we will see
- Relaxing on Procchio beach
- Golden sand, crystal-clear waters and all shades of green
- A picturesque landscape between Punta Agnone and La Guardiola
- Beach clubs and water sports
- The chance for some shopping in Procchio town
What we will do
- We will head towards Procchio beach, situated on the gulf of the same name and one of the most popular seaside resorts on the island of Elba. Just less than a kilometre long, this stunning sandy beach has all the conveniences we could ask for to make our stay even more enjoyable.
- Formerly known as Cervinia, this area was an important iron and copper work centre, as we can see from the important archaeological remains found here: an ancient melting furnace and a fascinating shipwreck dating back to Roman times with a precious load of well-preserved amphoras, which was revealed by a storm in 1967.
- Procchio beach is nestled between Punta Agnone and La Guardiola and, along with its extensions to the right of Campo all'Aia and the small yet delightful beach at La Guardiola, forms the Lido di Procchio.
- This beautiful horseshoe bay glimmers with its golden sand, while the emerald green waters become even clearer when they are brushed by the gentle southerly breeze. Thanks to its gently sloping seabed, children can play safely on the shore.
- Overlooked by the green parks of Mount Perone and Mount Capanne, the picturesque scenery around this gulf will certainly not disappoint as it is one of the most beautiful on the island.
- Procchio beach offers all kinds of services and conveniences, from the beach clubs where we can hire sun loungers and umbrellas, pedalos, canoes and boats, to the bars and restaurants where we can enjoy a quick snack or a nice fish dish.
- Sports fans can take advantage of the sailing, windsurfing and diving schools on the beach, whereas shopping lovers can head to the town for a browse.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion does not include a guide or a local rep.?