FAMILY TOUR: VIKING MUSEUM AND AALAN FARM
Nature excursion, Entertainment
An excursion suitable for all the family combining history, nature and tradition: surrounded a lush Norwegian valley, we discover the secrets of the legendary Vikings as the children try their hand at the games played in that era. We savour the genuine atmosphere of life in a farm among small farmyard animals, cheese production and the smell of field herbs.
What we will see
- Lofotr Vikingmuseum: Viking museum and traditional games
- Aalan farm: cheese production process and cultivation of aromatic herbs, farmyard animals
- Cheese tasting
What we will do
- We leave the port behind us on a coach headed to the Lofotr Vikingmuseum in Borg, a true Viking Museum illustrating the history, myths and customs of this glorious people.
- It is precisely here that we find the foundations of the largest Viking home ever discovered, of which we can see an impressive life-size reproduction complete with bedrooms decorated with intricate wood carvings, the hall, barns and stables.
- We set off on a true journey back in time: as the adults enjoy exhibitions on Norse mythology, observe interesting archaeological artefacts and witness the creation of handicrafts, children learn more about the history of the Vikings and let loose as they play fun traditional games.
- Now that we have become real experts on Viking culture, we can leave Borg behind us and head to Aalan Gård.
- We immerse ourselves into the enchanting rural atmosphere of Aalan Farm, a typical Lofoten farm surrounded by peace and tranquillity.
- We witness the production of the famous and multi-award winning local goat's cheese, which is dried and flavoured using the aromatic herbs grown in the fields nearby. After learning all the secrets of its processing, we cannot miss the chance of tasting some of it!
- During our visit, we can observe the everyday activities in the farm and get acquainted with the animals: petting the sweet little goats is an emotion that thrills both adults and children.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early as only a limited number of places are available.
- An audioguide in 6 different languages that connects to your smartphone is available in the Viking museum. It is therefore recommended having with you a device it can connect to.