THE GRANITE ROCKS OF MOON VALLEY
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
A excursion to the heart of Gallura, a region famous for the production of cork. We will discover the majestic yet bizarre granite rock formations in the distinctive Moon Valley near Aggius.
What we will see
- Tempio Pausania
- Mount Limbara
- Moon Valley
What we will do
- The coach will take us to Calangianus, Gallura's centre which was inhabited in prehistoric times and is now known across the world for the production, processing and exportation of cork.
- We will then continue onto Tempio Pausania, situated on a rocky plateau filled with cork oaks and vineyards, where we can catch a glimpse of the peak and jagged points of majestic Mount Limbara. A quick stop gives us chance to visit the town and admire the architecture characterised by sombre elegance.
- Then it's back onto the coach for the next stage of our journey, a brief stop for photos in the town of Aggius, with its typical granite-rock landscape.
- Climbing the peaceful hills again, Moon Valley appears before our eyes. The attractive plateau is reminiscent of a fantastic lunar landscape made from granite erratics produced by wind erosion. Letting our imaginations run wild, we will have fun trying to spot the shapes of humans or animals.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.