PANORAMIC TOUR OF MARSEILLE AND SHOPPING IN THE CITY CENTRE
An excursion for everybody with a taste of what is considered the capital of the South of France: a panoramic tour of Marseille's main landmarks and some free time for shopping or simply to walk around the city centre.
What we will see
- La Corniche seafront promenade, Escale Borely
- Sainte-Marie-Majeure Cathedral, Fort Saint-Jean, Church of Saint-Laurent (panoramic) and Basilica of Notre-Dame de la Garde
- The Old Port
What we will do
- We will start our coach trip driving along the famous Corniche Kennedy, Marseille's seafront promenade with a fantastic view of the islands at the entrance to the port, and we proceed up to the Escale Borely where we stop briefly to take some photos and admire the view.
- We set off again and make our way to the Neo-Byzantine Cathedral of Sainte-Marie-Majeure, where we make another stop to take more photographs. Our route then takes us to Fort Saint-Jean built in 1660 by Louis XIV , the church of Saint-Laurent, a fine example of Provençal Romanesque architecture built in pink stone from Couronne and the Basilica of Notre-Dame de la Garde which commands splendid views of the city.
- At the end of the tour the coach will drop us off at the Old Port area, where we have a little free time for shopping or a stroll around the city, before heading back to the port.
What you need to know
- During religious functions visits to churches are limited to a tour of the exterior.
- We recommend wearing comfortable shoes.
- Dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- This excursion is reserved for guests who are not ending their cruise at Marseille.