PANORAMIC TOUR OF MARSEILLE AND SHOPPING IN THE CITY CENTRE
Adagio Tour is an experience created in collaboration with Costa Crociere Foundation and Aism to meet the needs of guests who would like a “slower” pace to better savour the stops and their sights on itineraries with minimum architectural barriers. The "Adagio Tour" version of this excursion is available exclusively on Costa Diadema.
An excursion in what is considered the capital of the South of France: a sightseeing tour of Marseille’s main landmarks and some free time for shopping or simply to walk around the city centre.
What we will see
- "La Corniche" seafront promenade, Escale Borely
- Sainte-Marie-Majeure Cathedral, Fort Saint-Jean, Church of Saint-Laurent (external visit) and Basilica of Notre-Dame de la Garde
- The Old Port
What we will do
- We start our excursion driving along the famous “Corniche Kennedy”, Marseille’s seafront promenade with a fantastic view of the islands at the entrance to the port, and proceed up to Escale Borely where we stop briefly to take some photos and admire the view.
- We set off again and make our way to the Neo-Byzantine Cathedral of Sainte-Marie-Majeure, where we make another stop to take more photographs.
- Our route then takes us to*Fort Saint-Jean, built in 1660 by Louis XIV, the **church of Saint-Laurent, a fine example of Provençal Romanesque architecture and the **Basilica of Notre-Dame de la Garde* which commands splendid views of the city. A lift over serving 6 floors with Braille buttons enables us to avoid 120 steps and a steep climb. The basilica features accessible toilets and entrances suitable for wheelchairs users. The accessible entrance to the panoramic section is on the left-hand side of the church.
- At the end of the tour, the coach will drop us off at the Old Port area, where we have a little free time for some shopping or a stroll around the city before heading back to the port.
- The La Fayette shopping mall, which can be accessed through a ramp to the right of the steps or via a lift on the Carrefour supermarket side, can be visited in its entirety thanks to a lift.
What you need to know
- We recommend wearing comfortable shoes.
- Dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- Disable guests need to be escorted by an accompanying person.
- For those guests with wheel chair, the reservation of the Adagio tour need to be done exclusively through your cruise reservation agent.