Be seduced by Aix-en-Provence, an elegant Provençal city with its own special charm. Savour the pleasure of wandering around its narrow streets, squares and historic palaces, and discover its colours and scents during a visit to the local market or relaxing at one of the many outdoor cafés.
What we will see
- Aix-en-Provence: Cours Mirabeau, Mazarin Quarter, Place des Quatre-Dauphins, Saint-Sauveur Cathedral
What we will do
- We will leave the port for Aix-en-Provence, university and spa city and political centre of Provence, situated little more than an hour away from Marseille. When we reach Aix, we will immediately immerse ourselves in its sophisticated atmosphere, strolling through the romantic narrow streets of the centre between the elegant residences from the 17th and 18th century. Our walking tour will begin in the heart of the city in Cours Mirabeau, a splendid tree-lined avenue with beautiful fountains and lots of outdoor cafés.
- We will continue our tour by visiting the Mazarin Quarter, designed by Archbishop Michel Mazarin, brother of the famous cardinal. Created in 1646, the quarter is laid out like a grid, characteristic of the urban planning of the 17th century.
- Also in this area we will visit the Place des Quatre Dauphins or the Four Dolphins Square, with a beautiful fountain adorned by sculptures of four dolphins, and the Saint-Sauveur Cathedral, featuring different architectural styles which range from the 5th to the 17th century and which can be admired from every side.
- At the end of the guided tour we will have free time to explore the local fruit and vegetable market or to relax in a café.