SIGHTSEEING TOUR OF BARCELONA AND SHOPPING
Adagio Tour is an experience created in collaboration with Costa Crociere Foundation and Aism to meet the needs of guests who would like a “slower” pace to better savour the stops and their sights on itineraries with minimum architectural barriers. The "Adagio Tour" version of this excursion is available exclusively on Costa Diadema.
A sightseeing tour of Barcelona with the possibility of enjoying a pleasant stroll through the picturesque centre of Gaudí's city on your own.
What we will see
- Montjuïc hill
- Sagrada Familia
- Gothic Quarter and Cathedral
- Plaça de Catalunya
What we will do
- Our tour exploring Barcelona starts at Montjuïc hill, famous for offering wonderful views of the surrounding city. After taking a few photos of the views, we head directly to the centre for a visit of the Sagrada Familia exterior. This cathedral, which is still under construction, was designed by the famous architect Gaudí.
- By taking a side street from the Rambla, we venture into the ancient picturesque quarter of the Barrio Gótico which is scattered with the old town's most important points of interest. Most noteworthy of all is the Cathedral, a Catalan Gothic masterpiece surrounded by a route suitable with people with mobility problems.
- The Barrio Gótico is barrier-free, so much so that it is considered the most-accessible Medieval centre in Europe.
- After the tour, we stop in the city centre for a stroll and a bit of shopping at our own leisure around Plaza de Catalunya. The streets in this area are characterised by even surfaces, pavements are easy to access and there are accessible toilets inside the shops. Those wishing to visit the interior of the Cathedral can use the side entrance of Porta Santa Eulalia from Carrier del Bisbe, which features a long ramp with an iron and wooden base.
What you need to know
- Many shops could be closed on Sundays and Bank Holidays, apart from those on the Rambla and at the Maremagnum shopping centre.
- Disable guests need to be escorted by an accompanying person
- For those guests with wheel chair, the reservation of the Adagio tour need to be done exclusively through your cruise reservation agent