ON THE DISCOVERY OF VEGUETA AND BANDAMA VOLCANO
From the unspoilt nature of Parque Doramas to the characteristic setting of Pueblo Canario right through to the striking inactive Bandama Volcano: a complete tour upon the discovery of the delights this area of the Canaries has to offer.
What we will see
- Ciudad Jardín, Parque Doramas and Pueblo Canario
- Vegueta District, covered market, Plaza de Santa Ana
- Pérez Galdós Theatre
- Residential area of Tafira, inactive Bandama Volcano, panoramic viewpoint of Altavista
What we will do
- Our tour will begin on-board a coach heading to the splendid residential area of Ciudad Jardín to visit two areas which can only be described as unique: the magical Parque Doramas, a splendid park which houses numerous types of native flowers amongst which the famous dragon trees and, Pueblo Canario, a housing complex constructed according to tradition to recreate a typical village of the Canaries, designed by the brothers, Néstor and Miguel Fernández de la Torre.
- We will then continue to the district of Vegueta, the historic centre of Las Palmas, an evocative maze of narrow, pebble alleyways and shaded squares. We will breathe in the flavours and scents of the historic covered market before heading towards Columbus House.
- We will arrive in Plaza de Santa Ana, where we will discover the fun, bronze dogs which guard the main entrance to Casa Regental and which are one of the most loved symbols of the Canary capital amongst local inhabitants.
- We will conclude the first part of the tour, on foot, standing before the beautiful façade of the Pérez Galdós Theatre, Las Palmas' main theatre and one of the most modern in Spain following its complete restoration in 2007.
- We will have some free time for shopping in the Triana district, the city's main shopping area, where past and present fuse and where numerous European stores intersperse with the traditional façades of residential buildings, with their evident Colonial origins.
- We will return to the coach and upon crossing the luxurious residential area of Tafira, set off for the inactive Bandama Volcano. Once we have reached the top, we will take a photo break to capture the stunning panoramic views of the island.
- Finally, upon reaching the panoramic viewpoint of Altavista, which bestows a splendid view of the modern area of Las Palmas and port, we will return to the ship.
What you need to know
- The planned panoramic itinerary includes a number of curves and hairpin bends.