TALAYOTES AND VILLAGES ON THE SOUTH COAST OF MENORCA
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
A tour covering the charming villages on the south coast of Menorca, revealing the island's mysterious prehistoric monuments known as talayotes
What we will see
- Torralba d'en Salord, prehistoric complex and talayotes
- Es Castell, San Lluis and the fishing village of Binibeca
- Mahon, Santa Maria church and the old town
What we will do
- We will start our journey of discovery at the prehistoric complex of Torralba d'en Salord, where we can admire the talayotes. These megalithic constructions date back to the 3rd millennium BC, have circular or oval bases very similar to Sardinian Nuraghi, and were probably used in ancient times as watch towers.
- Then we will head to some of the island's fascinating places, including the town of Es Castell , the most western town in Spain, and the village of San Lluis, famous for its beautiful coastline dotted with cliffs and bays with fine white sand.
- Then we will reach Binibeca, an incredibly picturesque, traditional fishing village thanks to its maze of narrow streets lined with charming whitewashed cottages.
- Finally, we will return to Mahon where we can stroll through the streets and little squares of the old town, visit the Santa Maria church and then all head back together with our guide. If we're too tired though, we can conveniently get back on the coach to return to the ship.