St. Cruz de Tenerife
A JEEP TOUR OF THE NORTH OF THE ISLAND
An unforgettable jeep tour, a continual rise and fall amongst decidedly Mediterranean landscapes and scents, to get to the best panoramic viewpoints and embrace the island at a glance.
What we will see
- San Andrés
- Mirador de Los Roques
- Taganana and Santuario de Nuestra Señora de las Nieves
- Playa de Almáciga
- Roque Negro
- Mirador Pico del lnglés and Mirador de Jardina
What we will do
- We will depart in a jeep in the direction of San Andrés, taking a road with abundant turns and stunning views bypassing a constantly changing landscape. Over a range of just 4-5 km, we will see both subtropical plantlife and laurel tree woodland, typical of the coast. The island's native plantlife cannot but fascinate: some plants even date back to the Tertiary period.
- After a short break to take some photos at Mirador de Los Roques, a truly stunning panoramic viewpoint , we will head towards Taganana, a typical village with small white houses, which clings to the slopes of a hill overlooking the sea. By way of stone passageways, we will arrive at the Church Nuestra Señora de las Nieves, where it is possible to admire a fascinating Flemish triptych from the 500s.
- We will descend towards Playa de Almáciga, famous for its volcanic beach with black sand, where we will take a brief break and admire the landscape.
- We will then head towards Roque Negro by way of a road which captivates the senses with decidedly Mediterranean colours and scents.
- Once we arrive at Mirador Pico del lnglés, 992 metres above sea level, we can finally enjoy a view of the entire island, from north to south, at a glance.
- The last stop on our tour is Mirador de Jardina, from where we will begin our return to the port.
What you need to know
- The planned panoramic itinerary includes a number of curves and hairpin bends.
- This excursion does not include a guide. Information in English or Spanish will be provided by the driver during the trip.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Minimum age: 5 years.
- Minimum height: 120 cm.