St. Cruz de Tenerife
ON THE DISCOVERY OF WHALES AND DOLPHINS ON-BOARD A CATAMARAN
Nature excursion, Entertainment, Drink included
Not just for lovers of the sea, we offer a unique and unforgettable experience to see whales and dolphins within their natural habitat all on-board a catamaran.
What we will see
- Playa de Las Americas and Puerto Colón
- Whale and dolphin sighting on-board a catamaran
- Spaghetti Beach
What we will do
- We will set off from Santa Cruz and after about an hour's journey, we will arrive at Playa de Las Americas and Puerto Colón, in the north of the island, places renown for the party life, the golden sand beaches and the calm waters.
- We will hop on-board a modern catamaran and make our way to an area approximately 3 miles from the coast, where dolphins and pilot whales live, where we will drop anchor and make a stop in order to spot them. These extraordinary sea creatures, which normally belong to a migratory species, have chosen the channel between the islands of Tenerife and La Gomera as their "home", owing to the still waters and abundance of food. They live in small packs of 20-40 specimens, following a complex family unit system.
- After this extraordinary and unforgettable experience, we will head towards Spaghetti Beach, a protected bay where you will get the chance to have a swim in the sea or simply relax on-board the catamaran sipping refreshing drinks which will be served throughout the morning.
- We will continue our journey on-board the catamaran along the coast until we reach the new Puerto Colón, from where we will return to the coach which will take us back to the ship.
What you need to know
- This excursion does not include a guide. Information in English or Spanish will be provided by a local escort during the trip.?
- The overall duration of the tour is 5 hours, of which 2 hours on the coach.
- During the anchor stop at Cala Spaghetti the beach at Cala Spaghetti is so far away from the boat that it is not possible to swim there and back.
- Do not forget to bring your bathing costume, sunglasses and sun cream.
- For this excursion you must be able to swim.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Minimum age: 3 years.