LANDSCAPES AND FLAVOURS OF GALICIA
An excursion to discover Galicia and admire some of the most spectacular views of this region which overlooks the Atlantic Ocean and appreciate the aromas and flavours of the typical produce of this land.
What we will see
- Galician landscape
- Hermitage of La Lanzada
- the Village of Cambados
- Agro de Bazán Winery
What we will do
- We set off to discover Galicia, a land of magnificent views that is rich in local products that are all waiting to be enjoyed.
- We leave the port and head north. Once we have crossed the bridge over the Vigo estuary we continue our journey through the typical lush Galician countryside. Lying between valleys rich in vegetation and a beautiful coastline, lapped by the waters of the Atlantic Ocean, Galicia bewitches us with its unique combination of history, art and scenic splendour.
- Our first stop is the*Hermitage of La Lanzada*, located at a peninsula next to the biggest beach of Galicia. Before the hermitage was built seems that a little fortress was here in combination with other defensive points against the invasions of Vikings and Normans. Also from here we can get a great view of all the landscape of the region and also a view of the Atlantic Islands of Galicia National Park.
- When we arrive in the village of Cambados, we can admire its typical picturesque characteristics. The town is dominated by stone buildings, which exude ancestral sturdiness, and is home to one of the most important noble palace complexes of Galicia. The historic centre was declared to be a Heritage of Cultural Interest by the Spanish Ministry of Culture.
- We then take the coach to the renowned "Agro de Bazán" Wine Cellar, which, exploiting the fine Albariño grape, produces excellent white wine, sold in particularly original bottles. Accompanied by our guide, we visit the premises where the wine making and bottling processes take place. At the end of our visit we enjoy a snack, a fitting conclusion to our excursion, to appreciate the aroma and flavour of typical local cheeses and wines.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.