PANORAMIC TOUR OF LA CORUÑA
Sightseeing, Cultural, Tasting
A scenic tour that touches on the main points of interest in the city, with enchanting views of the most famous and popular beaches of La Coruña.
What we will see
- Riazor and Orzán beaches, Domus , Aquarium Finisterrae
- Tower of Hercules
- St. Anthony's Castle
- Mendez Nuñez Gardens
- Santa Cruz
What we will do
- We leave the port by coach and head for the La Coruna driving along the coast; we see the beautiful beaches of Riazor and Orzán and the more famous and crowded beaches of La Coruna as we drive along.
- We then pass in front of Domus - House of Man, the first interactive museum devoted to the human being, located in a futuristic building designed by the Japanese architect Arata Isozaki.
- The bus continues to the Aquarium Finisterrae - House of the Fishes, a museum created on the shore of the Atlantic ocean and dedicated to the maritime tradition of Galicia and the ecosystems of its coast.
- We proceed to the nearby Tower of Hercules, the only lighthouse in the world built by the Romans that is still in use today. We stop in this enchanting place to capture the tower in our souvenir photos. This symbol of the city even figures on the La Coruña coat of arms with the bones of Geryon, a giant who, according to the legend, was killed by Hercules and is buried below the lighthouse.
- We then continue by coach along the coast to the charming St. Anthony's Castle; originally built as an island fortress, the castle is now an archaeological museum connected to the city by a strip of land.
- We then visit the beautiful Mendez Nuñez Gardens, some of the oldest gardens in the city, dating back to the 19th century which are enhanced by a number of monuments and emblematic modernist buildings such as La Terraza or the Quiosco Alfonso.
- Finally, we admire the breathtaking panoramic view of la Rìa (the estuary) and La Coruña from Santa Cruz, where we stop for a snack at the Hotel Porto Cobo before returning on board.
What you need to know