MARINE WILDLIFE OBSERVATION
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Entertainment
A hike in the richest marine areas of Madeira, located in the southern part of the archipelago. An unforgettable adventure to discover the most popular marine mammals: dolphins and whales.
What we will see
- Rota dos Cetáceos
What we will do
- We visit the Rota dos Cetáceos, the "Cetacean Route" where descendants of an ancient family of whalers were using old methods to hunt the whales through observation points along the coast and, using huge telescopes to observe the sea every day.
- In full respect of the animals and in a completely natural environment, we follow the route of observation of cetaceans aboard a boat, accompanied by a marine biologist who explains the different aspects of the observed species.
- This experience is recommended to all adventure lovers and persons who would love to observe these amazing marine mammals in their natural habitat.
What you need to know
- Space is limited, so please reserve early.
- This eco-adventure is designed for adventurous, active people who are in good health and like to watch marine mammals in their own environment, getting on a small boat is involved.
- This tour is not recommended for Guests who suffer from seasickness and for pregnant women.
- Kindly take note that animals watching is not guaranteed as they are on nature.
- Min. age for this tour is 6 years.
- The visit will be carried out on a small boat.
- The excursion includes the presence of a companion biologist who speaks English.