JEEP ADVENTURE: INLAND CORFU AND RELAXING ON THE BEACH
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Tasting
Driving along the inland roads by jeep, to discover the most characteristic villages in Corfu, enjoying breathtaking scenery, ending the day in one of the most beautiful bays on the island: Paleokastritsa.
What we will see
- Alykes, Kontokali, Gouvia, Sokraki, Troumbetta (panoramic tour)
- Lakones and tasting at the Castellino restaurant
- Bay of Paleokastritsa
What we will do
- Leaving the port in our jeep, we head for the island's northern coast. On the journey we enjoy enchanting panoramic views, passing through the seaside resorts of Alykes, Kontokali and Gouvia.
- We drive past Agios Vasilios and Ano Korikiana, and here we take a winding road that crosses Sokraki, one of the oldest villages on the island, immersed in pine and olive trees and perched on the summit of Mount Korakio, which commands an incredible view over both the Adriatic and the Ionian seas.
- We continue our tour towards the characteristic village of Troumbetta, along a mountain ridge, where we are enchanted by the magnificent view of the islands of Mathraki and Othoni in north-western Greece.
- We continue our inland excursion across the island towards the west, passing through Alimataed, Vistonas and Makrades, villages where time appears to stand still.
- For lunch, we sample the delights of typical Greek meze at the Castellino restaurant that dominates the village of Lakones, which commands a magnificent view.
- The last stop on our tour is in the bay of Paleokastritsa: a natural port with a sandy beach, framed by a rocky promontory. According to the legend, Odysseus met Nausicaa here after the shipwreck. Who could resist diving into the crystal clear waters of this enchanting bay and relaxing on this magnificent beach before returning to the port?
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
- The jeeps can transport 4 passengers and do not have a driver. The person driving must be in possession of a valid driving license.
- You need to be physically fit to take part in this excursion.
- The itinerary may be subject to change.
- To drive you must have been in possession of a valid driving license for at least 3 years and be over the age of 23.
- Jeeps may be soft-top or hard-top.?
- For no EU guests an international license is required.
- Minimum age: 4.
- The jeeps have a manual gearbox (not automatic).