THE WONDERS OF THE CITY OF CORFU AND THE NATURAL BEAUTY OF PALEOKASTRITSA
An opportunity to explore the beauty of Paleokastritsa and the historic heritage of the old city of Corfu, walking through the streets lined with little shops and refined buildings.
What we will see
- Paleokastritsa: ancient monastery and relaxing on the beach
- City of Corfu: St. Spyridon, Spianada, Liston, City Hall, Palace of St. Michael and St. George
What we will do
- We arrive in Paleokastritsa by coach, the ideal way to admire the enchanting panoramic views of the island. Famous for its crystal clear emerald-green waters, mysterious caves, spectacular rocks and beaches, Paleokastritsa is considered to be one of the most beautiful locations in Greece. According to Homer, archaeologists believe that the legendary castle of King Alcinous was located in this town. We stop in one of the most beautiful bays to swim in the calm waters of the Ionian Sea, and take advantage of some free time to discover this paradise ensconced in luxuriant vegetation.
- Continuing our excursion, we stop at the ancient monastery of Paleokastritsa, dating back to 1226, where we are surrounded by the peaceful, relaxing atmosphere created by its shady arches and well-tended gardens.
- We visit the historic centre of Corfu, an open-air museum and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This fortified Mediterranean port city is authentic and beautifully preserved. We enjoy a walk through the labyrinth of streets with elegant buildings and craftsmen's shops, arriving in the Spianada, one of the largest squares in Europe where cricket is still played. We pass the elegant Liston, in the past only accessible to the Corfu aristocracy listed in the "golden book". We then arrive at the Church of St. Spyridon, the island's protector, and the City Hall, then admire the imposing Palace of St. Michael and St. George.
- We can then take advantage of our free time to go souvenir shopping or wander through the city's narrow streets, soaking up the atmosphere.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
- Dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- The itinerary may be subject to change.
- Do not forget to bring swimwear, a towel, sunglasses and sun cream.