EXPLORING MYKONOS BY JEEP
Mykonos captivates us with its spectacular views, picturesque villages and beaches of rare beauty. We explore the island by jeep to discover some of the more unusual places on the island. This will be followed by a walk around its cosmopolitan, yet picturesque main town, full of art and culture: a spectacle for the eyes and for the soul.
What we will see
- Tourlos Harbour
- Cape Armenistis Lighthouse
- Agios Sostis (panoramic tour)
- Ano Mera, Monastery of Panagia Tourliani and tasting menu of Greek specialities in a local taverna
- Town of Mykonos (at leisure)
What we will do
- Our local tour guide will be waiting for us at Tourlos harbour to show us the jeeps that we will use to explore some of the most beautiful yet lesser known places on the island. We stop briefly at the Cape Armenistis lighthouse, where there is a breathtaking view of the cliffs on the northern coast of the island and of the nearby island of Delo.
- Our tour continues in the direction of the beautiful, wild bay of Agios Sostis, as we arrive in Ano Mera, a picturesque village in the heart of Mykonos. Its main square is dominated by the distinctive Monastery of Panagia Tourliani. We can then delight our palate by savouring some Greek specialities on the tasting menu in one of the numerous local tavernas.
- Back on our jeep, we can admire Mykonos from high up during our journey, as picture postcard scenery opens up before us. With its typical white houses and famous windmills, rendered all the more magical with the colours of the sunset, the sight of the town will take our breath away.
- When we are in the vicinity of the town centre, we abandon our jeeps and, following the suggestions of our tour guide or otherwise, we are free to explore every corner of the town on our own. We can walk along the bustling, narrow, paved streets of the centre, flanked by white houses with shutters painted in different colours and balconies decorated with flowers. We roam the maze of streets and explore the typical shops and splendid little churches: true architectural masterpieces. Before leaving the island, it is worth visiting the magical atmosphere of the district known as Little Venice, where the houses have marvellous, long balconies, brightly coloured doors and windows, with their foundations resting in the water.
- A shuttle service is always available to return to the port.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
- Our jeeps can take 4 passengers and there is no driver; you will need to bring your driving licence.
- You need to be physically fit to take part in this excursion.
- In the event of adverse weather conditions the tour may be cancelled.
- Minimum age: 4.