BEAUTIFUL OIA AND A WALK AROUND FIRA
Perched on the cliff tops, the village of Oia surprises us with its typical white houses, narrow alleyways, terraces decorated with flowers, and traditional shops. The morning ends with a visit to picturesque Fira, the island's capital: a treat for the eyes and the soul.
What we will see
- The caldera
- Oia, Ammoundi and Armeni beaches, Church of Saint Nikolaos
What we will do
- We will travel by motor boat to the port of Athinios, where a waiting coach will take us to the northern end of the island to visit the spellbinding town of Oia.
- En route, admire the breath-taking landscapes of the caldera, the volcanic crater now submerged by the sea, surrounded by the high cliffs of Santorini.
- Our guide will be waiting in Oia to show us the village's most interesting sights. We will venture into the wonderful marble-paved alleyways that wind up and down, lined with the typical ochre-coloured houses with blue domed roofs that characterise the island. The village surprises us with its peerless panoramic views of the neighbouring islands of Folegandros and Sikinos, as well as the now extinct volcano. We will then continue down towards the sea to the two picturesque beaches of Ammoundi and Armeni. We will see the beautiful little church of Saint Nikolaos. After browsing the shops, where we're sure to find something original, we will set off again, this time for Fira.
- We will stroll through the island's capital, its narrow streets lined with typical white houses, and, after admiring the stunning panoramic views, we will take an unusual form of transport back to the port: a cable car!
What you need to know
Space is limited, so please reserve early.