WALK ON THE SLOPES OF THE VOLCANO
Nature excursion, Swimming
Nea Kameni, in the heart of the caldera, casts a spell with its lunar landscape and cobalt blue sea. We will look in to the volcano's crater before going down to bathe in the thermal waters of Palia Kameni. A series of unique and unforgettable moments will take us to Fira, where a visit to the island's capital makes the perfect end to a memorable day.
What we will see
- Nea Kameni
- Swim at Palia Kameni
What we will do
- At the port of Athinios, we will board a Caique boat to take us to the black lava island of Nea Kameni in the heart of the caldera. We'll be sure not to miss the opportunity to admire the beautiful volcanic beaches where the lava rocks and white pumice stone provide an unusual setting.
- Once there, we will set off on foot across the lunar landscape to the volcano's crater, still active today. We will be lucky enough to get a truly exciting close-up view of the lava fragments and spectacular volcanic rock fragments. At the highest point on the island, we will be able to relax for a while and admire the view, as Santorini and its soaring cliff tops tower over us.
- We will get back on the Caique boat and set sail for Nea Kameni's little sister: Palia Kameni. Here we will dive into the sulphurous water known for its therapeutic benefits.
- After a refreshing swim, we will weigh anchor for Fira.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Do not forget to bring a hat and sun cream.
- During the summer, swimming costumes may become discoloured after bathing in the sulphur spring.
- In the event of adverse weather conditions the tour may be cancelled.
- This tour is not recommended for individuals who suffer from sea sickness or those who have mobility problems.
- This excursion requires that you know how to swim and have a certain level of physical fitness.