SANTORINI BY 4X4
Nature excursion, Tasting
An off-road 4X4 is a great way to explore Santorini and reach magical and unusual destinations by climbing the island's highest peak, visiting enchanting beaches and admiring uniquely beautiful landscapes.
What we will see
- Vlihada and Perissa beaches (panoramic tour)
- Megalochori, snack of typical local products
- Profitis Ilias Mountain
- Kamari Beach, Exo Gonia, Monolithos Beach (panoramic tour)
What we will do
- After disembarking from the ship and transferring to the harbour at Athinios by motor boat, we will climb aboard our 4X4.
- We will pass the stunning Vlihada Beach before reaching the black sand Perissa Beach. We will then continue to the picturesque village of Megalochori, where we will walk along narrow alleyways lined with typical white blue-domed houses. We will take the opportunity to sample typical local products before setting off once again in our 4X4.
- We will leave the coast for the island's highest point: the top of Profitis Ilias Mountain (Prophet Elijah Mountain), where, at 567 metres above sea level, we will soak up the marvellous views of the Aegean and the entire island.
- We will go back down towards the coast and Kamari Beach, passing Exo Gonia.
- At Kamari, we will continue our route over the black sand to Monolithos Beach.
- Our exciting tour will finish in Fira, the island's capital, perched on the caldera at 250 metres above sea level, where every corner reveals a glimpse of a breath-takingly beautiful view.
- After admiring on our own the stunning panoramic views, we will take an unusual form of transport back to the port: a cable car!
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- The 4X4s hold 4 passengers.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended.
- The itinerary follows tarmacked roads along a scenic route.
- You must be in possession of a valid driving license for at least 3 years and be over the age of 21.
- This tour ends in Thira town. Guests can return to the ship by tender service by the “all aboard” time indicated in the Diario di Bordo.
- Guests can reach the tender service station by cable car or by foot. The ticket for the cable car is included in the price of the excursion.
- In case of multiple presence of ships in port, guests can experience long waiting times at the cable car station.