PALMA SIGHTSEEING TOUR AND SON AMAR SHOW
Sightseeing, Cultural, Entertainment, Tasting
A complete experience of Palma's artistic treasures and stunning landscape, ending with a show at the picturesque Son Amar estate and an intense Flamenco display which will amaze both adults and children alike.
What we will see
- Palma sightseeing tour
- Palace of La Almudaina, Llotja, Cathedral of Santa Maria
- Bellver Castle, views of the city and bay
- Sierra de Tramontana, Son Amar, Pasión show with tapas and sangria tasting
What we will do
- Our excursion will take us to the capital of the Balearic archipelago, a land of incredible natural beauty with a fascinating artistic heritage. Old Mallorcan traditions pervade the very roots of the Arab culture's passion and charm, sparking unique, unforgettable emotions.
- The tour covers the most interesting places and monuments on the island. We will admire the beautiful Gothic cathedral of Santa Maria (La Seu), the most famous building in the city, rebuilt between 1904 and 1914 under Antonio Gaudí's orders. On the main façade, don't miss the Gothic Eye (Ojo del Gótico), one of the largest Gothic rose windows in Europe. A few steps from the cathedral lies the Royal Palace of La Almudaina, home to the King of Spain when he visits the island. A visit to La Llotja (or Lonja) is also a must. This magnificent Gothic building was once a trade exchange centre and is used today for cultural events and other official functions.
- We will continue halfway up the hill to Bellver Castle (the castle with beautiful views), the only circular castle in Spain. We can enjoy breathtaking views of the city and the bay from its terrace standing at 123 metres above sea level.
- After a brief stop to take some photos to show off when we get home, we will be ready to enter the Sierra de Tramontana mountain range, a UNESCO world heritage site, and head to the Son Amar estate, a typical Mallorcan farmhouse dating back to the 16th century which has been beautifully preserved and is now the setting for internationally-acclaimed shows.
- And it is here, in the magical atmosphere of times gone by, that we will experience an authentic show that will amaze both adults and children alike. We will attend Pasión, a spectacular, compelling Flamenco display that is as intense and passionate as the love story it portrays. The artists' extraordinary talent and professional light and sound effects are the unmistakeable signature of one of the most prestigious theatres in Europe. An experience that will awaken all your senses, including your taste buds thanks to the delicious tapas and excellent sangría that we will taste.
- The experience will end with a charming and colourful market where we can unearth souvenirs, gastronomic products and local arts and crafts to take home, to keep the memory of our Mallorcan adventure alive.
What you need to know
- Alcoholic drinks are only served to adults over the age of 18, as required by Spanish law.
- To comply with copyright laws, it is forbidden to photograph or film the Son Amar show. However, you will be able to buy the DVD.
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.