KRKA NATIONAL PARK
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Cultural, Meal included
A full day of adventure amongst the natural wonders of Krka National Park with its breathtaking waterfalls and the surrounding Croatian landscapes.
What we will see
- Krka National Park
- Skradinski Buk Waterfalls
- Ethnographic museum
What we will do
- Our excursion winds through the typical landscapes of the Karst region, whose chalky plateaux are crossed by deep canyons. The destination for this exciting journey is the Krka National Park, a protected area of around 14 hectares of land that takes the name of the river that runs through it.
- Inside the park we'll be amazed by the breathtaking Skradinski Buk waterfalls. In the park there are around 400 animal species, many of which are native, such as Adriatic salmon. In the protected area, the interaction between the water and the chalky rock has led to the creation of tufa barriers and 7 travertine waterfalls, the last of which, Skradinski Buk, is the largest and best known at 400 m in width and 46 metres in height. Above this section of the river is a walkway immersed in the wood, along which the old watermills have been restored and returned to working order. Along the paths, above and below the watermills, there are countless panoramic viewpoints.
- We'll visit a few watermills and the nearby ethnographic museum that displays ancient human dwellings in the park such as neolithic caves, before heading to a local restaurant for lunch.
- At the end of the visit we will have some free time to enjoy the park.
What you need to know
- The coach transfer from the port to Krka National Park will take around an hour and a half.
- This excursion involves a long walk on uneven ground, it is therefore not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- Comfortable shoes or hiking boots are recommended.
- The route includes 194 steps.
- Do not forget to bring a hat, sunglasses and sun cream.
- The itinerary may be subject to change.
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.