EXPERIENCE - DISCOVERING JERUSALEM BY COACH AND PLANE
Sightseeing, Cultural, Meal included
A scenic journey of the old part of Jerusalem, the heart of the three main monotheistic religions, enriched with a taste of the mystical setting of this city, one-of-a-kind in the world.
What we will see
- Negev Desert
- Coast of the Dead Sea
- Jerusalem, Mount of Olives
- Basilica of Dormition, Cenacle, Tomb of King David
- Via Dolorosa, Basilica of the Holy Sepulchre
- Wailing Wall
What we will do
- Our scenic tour begins from the very start of our journey to Jerusalem, as we will have the opportunity to pass by and admire truly unforgettable landscapes.
- Firstly, we will come across the Negev Desert, a rocky and sandy expanse, which features wadi, dry riverbeds that contain water only during times of heavy rain.
- We will continue our tour along the coast of the Dead Sea; here we will stop and enjoy a little refreshment and some free time to buy typical, local products.
- We will continue in the direction of Jerusalem, and when we arrive, we will enjoy a panoramic stop of the Mount of Olives.
- The excursion continues towards Mount Zion where we will visit the charming Basilica of Dormition, which takes its name because according to Christian tradition, it was here that the Virgin Mary fell into 'eternal sleep'.
- Our journey will continue onto one of the most symbolic places of Christianity religion: the Cenacle and the Tomb of King David, the place where, according to tradition, Jesus ate the Last Supper with the Apostles and where, nearby, the body of King David, is kept.
- We will take Via Dolorosa, along which, we will note the pilgrims walking along the route taken by Jesus, carrying the cross, to the place of his crucifixion and which is remembered, every year, by the Catholic Church with the ritual of Crucis. We will then arrive at the Basilica of the Holy Sepulchre, a church built in the place of Jesus' crucifixion and the Holy Sepulchre.
- The next stage will be a moving visit to the Wailing Wall, the most sacred place for Judaism: believers often come here and place papers featuring their prayers, into the crevices.
- Subsequent to the scenic visit, which provides a taste of the mystical setting of this city, one-of-a-kind in the world, we will head to the airport of Tel Aviv for our return journey to Eilath.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- The scenic coach tour from Eilath to Jerusalem takes approximately 5 hours.
- The visit of Jerusalem lasts approximately 5 hours and 30 minutes and includes a break for lunch, a scenic tour and a walk around the old city, which lasts approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- Given the busy tour schedule, the excursion is not recommended for those with mobility problems.
- We recommend comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Clothing that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- Delays are expected when entering the Basilica of the Holy Sepulchre.
- Entrance to the Holy Sepulchre is not included.
- The estimated duration for airport procedures and the return flight is approximately 2 hours.