St. Cruz de Tenerife
THE FABULOUS CITY OF PUERTO DE LA CRUZ: FREE TIME
A captivating setting that allows you to freely experience the best the Canaries have to offer: a charming seaside town with its historic harbour, shady streets where the atmosphere is always bustling and lively, shops of all kinds and endless options for sampling the famous local wines and delicious traditional dishes, dreamy beaches and even a water park by the sea designed by a famous local artist with waterfalls and rock sculptures.
What we will see
- Transfer to Puerto de la Cruz
- Free time to explore the city
- Endless possibilities for shopaholics
- Cafes, wine bars and restaurants: a journey into local flavours
- The exotic spectacle of nature at the botanic garden
- Stunning volcanic beaches
- Lago Martiánez: a water park that will take your breath away
What we will do
- We leave the port by coach and, after a short journey, reach Puerto de la Cruz, a charming seaside resort that has not lost the intimate feel of a fishing port or reference to local traditions despite the large influx of tourists.
- Here, we have some free time to explore the city centre at our leisure, which offers entertainment and attractions for all tastes and ages.
- Puerto de la Cruz offers endless options for a day of shopping in its pretty old town and on the waterfront, along pleasant neighbouring streets that are always bustling at any time of day.
- There are plenty of opportunities to sample typical wine and dishes in the many bars, wine bars and restaurants that line the harbour area, one of the city’s historic neighbourhoods.
- For a little peace and quiet, we can visit the beautiful botanic gardens. They are famous for their rich collection of carefully cared for exotic plants (4,000 species of tropical and subtropical plants), which form part of the splendid setting and cannot fail to capture the attention of “green-fingered” visitors.
- Those who love the sea will be spoilt for choice: in Puerto de la Cruz we can relax on stunning volcanic beaches, with dark coloured sand that contrasts beautifully with the blue of the sea.
- Along the coast is the famous Lago Martiánez, a spectacular open-air water park with saltwater lakes, waterfalls, volcanic rock sculptures and spectacular subtropical gardens, designed by the local architect and artist César Manrique: an unmissable attraction for young and old alike!
What you need to know
- Entrance to Lago Martiánez is not included. It costs EUR 5.50 for adults and EUR 2.50 for children, including a sun lounger.