FLORENCE AND THE UFFIZI GALLERY
Sightseeing, Cultural, Lunch not included
Surrender to the charms of some of Florence's main attractions, such as the Uffizi Gallery, Ponte Vecchio, the splendid squares and, why not, its exclusive boutiques.
What we will see
- Piazza Santa Croce and the Basilica
- The Uffizi
- Ponte Vecchio
- Piazza della Repubblica
- Piazza Duomo
- Piazza della Signoria
What we will do
- Our excursion begins with a walk to Piazza Santa Croce, where our tour guide will explain the main features of the eponymous Basilica, which is considered one of the most beautiful Gothic churches in Italy.
- We continue with a tour of the spectacular Uffizi Gallery, which houses hundreds of precious works by important artists, such as Botticelli, Caravaggio, Raphael and Leonardo da Vinci.
- After our visit to the Uffizi, we move on towards the Ponte Vecchio, the only historic bridge in Florence to have survived destruction by the Germans during the Second World War and the floods of 1966. We then make our way to Piazza della Repubblica.
- We just have to see the marvellous Piazza del Duomo, the heart of the city. We cannot fail to be impressed by the beauty of the imposing works of art that surround us in a wealth of red, white and dark green marble. It is here that we find the most important complex of religious buildings in the city: the Baptistry of Saint John, with its three magnificent, bronze doors by Pisano and Ghiberti, and the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore - with its enormous dome by Brunelleschi - and the bell tower designed by Giotto, two of the finest examples of 13th century Florentine Gothic architecture.
- All we have to do now is move on to Piazza della Signoria, the historic, political and civil centre of Florence.
- We have a little free time to relax or do some shopping in the city boutiques, before we gather once again at the meeting point our guide has indicated.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- The coach journey to Florence takes approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes each way.
- Our guide will join the excursion directly in Florence. A local escort will be present during journeys to and from Florence.
- Inside the Uffizi Museum guests are not authorized to take photos or videos.
- The guided visit in the “Uffizi” foresees only some areas. The internal visit lasts approximately 90 minutes.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.?