CASABLANCA, HASSAN II MOSQUE AND RABAT
Sightseeing, Cultural, Meal included
A tour of discovery of two modern cities that have not lost the characteristic atmosphere of Moroccan cities. Casablanca is the financial capital of Morocco and Rabat is the political capital and one of four imperial cities in the country.
What we will see
* Casablanca: market, Royal Palace, Law Courts and Hassan II Mosque
* Rabat: Royal Palace, Mechouar, Mausoleum of Mohammed V, Hassan Tower and the Kasbah of the Udayas
* Bazaar and Berber Pharmacy
What we will do
- * Our tour starts with a visit to the **market** of Casablanca and proceeds along the Boulevard de la Resistance, towards the **Royal Palace** and the **Law Courts**, that we can admire from outside.
- * Next comes one of the most important stops of our tour: an internal visit of the new and famous Hassan II Mosque, a magnificent and breathtaking monument * We then leave Casablanca and head for **Rabat**, where our panoramic tour accompanies us to discover the architectural treasures of the city: we start with the exterior of the **Royal Palace**, a splendid reproduction of the finest examples of Islamic architecture, the surrounding **Mechouar quarter**, the **Mausoleum of Mohammed V**, and the **Hassan Tower**, the minaret of the old Hassan Mosque.
- * We then go for lunch in a restaurant. * After lunch we walk across the **gardens of the Kasbah of the Udayas** and board the coach for our return journey to the ship.
- * There is a "shopping stop in a bazaar or a Berber pharmacy**.
What you need to know
- * During religious celebrations, we will only visit the exterior of the mosque.
- * We ask that participants dress appropriately for the religious locations visited.
- * For the visit to the mosque, bare shoulders are not appropriate and legs should be covered down past the knees. We will also be asked to remove our shoes.
- * Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment. * During religious celebrations or national festivities, we will only visit the exterior of the mausoleum of Mohammed V. * The itinerary may be subject to change.
- Notice: During the week when will take place the feast of Ramada the excursion may be cancelled.