TOUR OF CASABLANCA, HASSAN II MOSQUE
A tour to explore the architectural, cultural and religious treasures of the tourist capital of Morocco, without forgetting the modern part of the city.
What we will see
- *Royal Palace
- * Law Courts * Habous
- * Notre Dame de Lourdes
- * Mohammed V Square
- * Hassan II Mosque
- * Corniche
- * Anfa
- * Ain Diab
What we will do
- * Our tour starts on the Boulevard de la Resistance and we soon realise that Casablanca has little in common with Morocco's old imperial cities; Casablanca is very cosmopolitan and "western", and quite different from the image portrayed by the cinematic myth. * We head for the ** Royal Palace** and the **Law Courts**, which we can admire from the outside. In this part of the city we have the opportunity to see typical crafts shops and the picturesque olive market. * We then venture into the **Habous quarter** to admire the modern church of **Notre Dame de Lourdes** and cross the **Mohammed V Square**.
- * At the next stop we visit the magnificent**Hassan II Mosque**, the world's biggest mosque after the one in Mecca.
- * We complete our Casablanca excursion with a spectacular panoramic tour along the **Corniche**.
- * Along the way we can see the **Anfa** residential quarter, named after the city that was destroyed by the Portuguese in the 16th century and subsequently rebuilt by them with the name of Casablanca. We take opportunity to visit the tourist destination of **Ain Diab**, the most "western looking" part of the city, with splendid swimming pools hidden among the rocks and a high concentration of beach clubs, restaurants, bars and night clubs.
- * Our excursion ends with a stop at either one of the famous Berber pharmacies or a bazaar where the health benefits of the Argan tree and Argan oil, a typical local product, will be illustrated.
What you need to know
- * During religious celebrations, we will only visit the exterior of the mosque.
- * We ask that participants dress appropriately for the religious locations visited.
- * For the visit to the mosque, bare shoulders are not appropriate and legs should be covered down past the knees.
- Notice: During the period of i the feast of Ramadan the excursion program may change ( some places may be visited only from the outside ).