OFF-ROAD TRIP BYPASSING MOUNTAINS AND VILLAGES
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Tasting
On-board a jeep, we will wave goodbye to the sea and beaches and head off on the discovery of the other side to Cyprus, the spectacular mountains and traditional villages, where we will admire splendid views and sample local delicacies.
What we will see
- Kouris Dam
- Lofou Village
- Pera Pedi Village and Mesa Potamos Mountain
- Wine-tasting and visit to a confectionery workshop
What we will do
- We will set off on our adventure heading directly to Cyprus' largest dam: the Kouris barrier, a significant water project with a capacity of 118 million m3. We will take a short break to take some photos and then we will set off once again.
- Our nest stop is the Medieval village of Lofou, gracefully established on a semicircle shaped slope. We will take a short walk to admire the surrounding landscape and enjoy the setting of times gone past which can still be experienced here.
- The traditional architecture of the village is truly one of a kind. The stone-paved roads are narrow and windy, plantlife peeks out amongst the pebbles, overhangs garden walls near to the entrances of homes where it is still common to display ornamental wine jars.
- We will then head to the Village of Pera Pedi and, once we have passed the residential area, we will continue along the dirt track which ascends to the Mesa Potamos Mountain until we reach a small and evocative waterfall.
- Our trip continues with a visit to a local, traditional wine cellar to taste the local wine, and then we will continue onto an artisan confectionery workshop where we will help prepare typical syrup-based products and take this opportunity to taste a few.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended.
- The itinerary includes both paved and unpaved roads; the jeep can only be driven by the assigned driver.
- The jeeps are not air conditioned.
- The excursion does not include guided tours; basic information on places of major interest will be provided.